Dyson is an ambient real-time strategy game with abstract visuals.
Remotely command semi-autonomous self-replicating mining machines to take over an entire asteroid belt.
The original game was made in one month for the TIGSource Procedural Generation competition. Much of the game’s content is procedurally generated.
The latest version of Dyson is version 1.20.
- There is an unofficial Mac version available. Download it here. You will need to install Mono and install SDL to your libraries folder. Please post in the forum thread for support as we cannot support this version ourselves at the moment.
- Please note that Linux Dyson does not appear to run on 64-bit Linux operating systems. Users have successfully run the game under Wine in 64-bit Linux, however.
- Download the archive.
- Install the packages mentioned in the README. For reference these are:
- libmono-i18n (and perhaps other basic mono stuff)
- Execute the run-script from the archive or execute “mono Dyson.exe” from a terminal.
Running Dyson under Linux with wine
Thanks to lansing for this info!
# get the latest version of Wine for your distro http://winehq.org/download
unzip -d dyson dyson120-linux.zip
Please let us know if you have any problems.
Don’t forget to check back to www.dyson-game.com for updates, or check for new updates using the in-game update checker!